The vital role of research is to advance and refine knowledge and provide solutions to probelms facing society at local and international levels. It is in this contention that the State University of Zanzibar (SUZA), a public higher learning institution commits itself to bringing about changes in the social, political and economic developments of Zanzibari through the Directorate of Graduate Studies, Research and Consultancy.
To provide opportunities for scholarly and strategic research, tracing adequate human and financial resources as well as highly-rated professional services to the community in the United Republic of Tanzania, Regional and the rest of the world.
The main objective of the Directorate is to facilitate research, graduate studies, publication, innovation, and community services.
The Directorate of Graduate Studies, Research and Consultancy (DGSRC) represents a major advance in research, graduate studies, and community services. The Directorate rests on three sections:
- Research, Publication and Intellectual Property
- Consultancy and Outreach Programmes
- Graduate Studies
The Postgraduate Studies section is also another important organ in an institution of higher learning. It aims at providing for students
advance courses that would enable them to obtain postgraduate diploma, master and doctoral degrees in different fields. The section coordinates all matters pertaining to graduate programmes in collaboration with respective University colleges, schools and institutes. The section oversees guidelines and procedures i.e admission and graduation criteria, supervision, quality control (needs assessment) and monitoring for graduate programmes. The proposed functions of the section are:
- To coordinate graduate programmes
- To administer admission of graduate students.
- To coordinate research for masters’ and doctoral students.
- To prepare guidelines for evaluation of graduate students.
- To prepare guidelines for honorary degrees.
- PhD. Kiswahili
- MSc. Chemistry
- MSc. Environmental Sciences
- M.A Kiswahili
- M.A Education in Teaching Kiswahili to speakers of other language
- M.A Education in Youth, Gender and Development
- MSc. Natural Resource Management and Climate change
- M.A. Language in Education
- M.A. Arabic
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. Statistics
- M.A. Business
For more information please contact;
Director of Graduate Studies, Research and Consultancy
Dr. Abdalla Ibrahim Ali
Zanzibar – Tanzania