THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF ZANZIBAR
The Council of State University of Zanzibar seeks to recruit Deputy Vice-Chancellors (Academic, Research and Consultancy and Planning, Finance and Administration) from suitably qualified individuals with excellent credentials. The Deputy Vice-Chancellors shall work under the directives of the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics, Research and Consultancy) – 1 Post.
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Planning, Finance and Administration) – 1 Post.
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience.
- Be a holder of Ph.D degree from a recognised higher learning institution.
- Have at least seven (7) years working experience in higher learning institutions, of which at least two (2) years in managerial position.
- Have a capacity to promote learning and extension in a competitive environment.
- Have ability and leadership skills to effectively co-ordinate academic and administrative functions.
- Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in formulating and managing academic and administrative programmes and supervising and mentoring postgraduate students.
- Proven capacity to promote learning, teaching, research and development in higher learning institutions.
- Knowledge of national laws and policies specifically in education and public service laws.
- Be of high ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and adhere to national Constitution on leadership and integrity. read more